Monday, March 8, 2021

Butterfly Brilliance Thank You Card

Hello everyone!

Wow it has been 3 weeks since I have posted. As you know I was away in New Mexico with my family for my cousins funeral.

It was really great to visit with my two Aunts and two Uncles as well. I had not been to New Mexico mostly due to covid for a year and a half. Oh how I have missed my family! Unfortunately my uncle that I just visited, passed away after I left.

I'm back and have missed creating and crafting so much! My stress reliever lol.

While I was away Stampin' Up! introduced a New Bundle that will carry over into the New Annual catalog coming in May.

It's the Butterfly Brilliance Bundle. It has a large one piece stamp that has 6 Butterflies.

There is also some beautiful Designer Series Paper and a Specialty Paper that looks like wood. The papers will not carry over (insert sad face here). 

This bundle screams Spring to me, I'm ready for the cold to go away and warmer weather to come. How about you?

These Butterflies are all cut out from the DSP and the matching die. Stampin' Up! hit it out of the ballpark when they made the die to match up with the DSP! I adhered all the butterflies to a black background.
 I love the way the colors stand out against the black.
I adhered it to a So Saffron card base and tied a Bumblebee bow.

See how amazing, the die matches up perfectly! I cut out the Butterflies with the die and had 6 full color Butterflies in less than a minute.

But wait, don't throw that paper away! See the partial Butterflies on the edges?
I cut them away and placed them under the die and cut them out.
They were perfect on my card. I glued them down on a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of cardstock.
The large Butterfly I adhered with dimensionals so that it was popped up.
I used white embossing powder for the sentiment. Since this stamp set does not have any sentiments I used the Art Gallery stamp set for the sentiment.
This card was so easy to make. The beautiful designer series paper did all the work.

Here is another version I made.
I used a Basic White background with a Misty Moonlight card base.
I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I finished it off with a Seaside Spray bow.
Which card do you prefer? The Black or White background?
Leave me a comment.

When you spend $30 in my online store you'll earn my Sweet Stampin' Friends Tutorial for Free.
This month the tutorial is all about birthday's.
Join my team here: http://bit.ly/2mbpkYV
Have a great week, 💙Lisa


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshop Wednesday 5-8-24

Hello everyone! Today my Workshop Wednesday video is a quick and easy treat box for Mother's Day. I have three Merci chocolates inside. ...